Sunday 14 August 2011

The Garden Street Grill - Cromer, Norfolk, England

About the Burger:
A surprisingly good burger at a family restaurant in Cromer and the first one to get a four burger rating.

Menu description:
8oz Homemade Cheeseburger £8.50
served in a warmed bun with steak chips or spicy wedges and side salad.

Rating:



Review:
We were looking for somewhere to have lunch close to the centre of Cromer, a seaside town in Norfolk.  We saw The Garden Street Grill which had free tables and a good range of meals on the menu to suit everybody, including a burger for me.  My expectations were low but I'm pleased to say they were exceeded.  The burger was handmade and was served with a lot of fries plus a small side salad, I also added a side order of onion rings.  As usual I ate the salad first, the fries next and left the burger to last.  This burger had many of the qualities I've been looking for since I started this blog in April.  The bread roll was soft and fresh and the burger had the flavour I was looking for.  It could have had a five burger rating if the rest of the dining experience had been up to the same standard, the fries lacked flavour and were a little disappointing.  Overall I can highly recommend this burger and restaurant, don't be put off by the appearance venue.

About the venue:
The Garden Street Grill is on a street that leads down to the sea front and pier at Cromer in Norfolk.  It's a traditional family seaside restaurant with broad range of items on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment