Friday 5 August 2011

Stravinsky's - Newmarket Racecourse, Suffolk, England

About the Burger:
A tasty burger served as a light bite sized meal on soft, fresh ciabatta.


Menu description:
Organic 100% Beef Burger £9.95
Served with Ciabatta Roll, with Tomato Red Onion Relish, Beef Tomato, Roquette Salad and hand chopped Coleslaw.

Rating:



Review:
When I first saw this burger as it was delivered to my table I was disappointed.  The lack of cheese and fries and the plain appearance made me think this was a meal designed to get the customers in and out quickly.  I'm pleased to say that I was wrong.  The onion relish and the soft, fresh ciabatta roll lifted the whole burger beyond its looks and my poor first impressions.  The burger itself was nicely cooked and had a good taste.

About the venue:
Stravinsky's is one of many restaurants at Newmarket Racecourse in Suffolk.  It is a modern venue situated on a raised walkway in the Premier Enclosure and is a good place to people watch while waiting for your food to arrive.

1 comment:

  1. after queuing for 10 minutes I was expecting something a little decent however the burger that arrived was shriveled and dried out was totally unappetising and very poor value for money. Then when our bill arrived we had been charged £36 for a bottle of prosecco that we didn't have, as if any sane person would pay £36 for a cheap plonk, it was removed from the bill but overall not a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete