Wednesday 20 April 2011

Guest Review: Babe's Bar-B-Que & Brewhouse - Palm Desert, California, USA

About the Reviewer:
This review has been compiled by Roxanne Wells, Burger Critic's wife and occasional burger eater.


About the Burger:
A classic style burger served with lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese and a choice of extras.

Menu description:
1/2 Pound-Twice Ground Cheddar Burger - $10
With a choice of French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Turkey Chili

Rating:



Review:
This is my first burger review and I'm also the first guest reviewer at Burger Critic and I'm not used to analysing my food for review but here goes...

First impressions of the burger were good, I'd chosen French Fries and Cole Slaw to accompany my burger.  The restaurant was inspired by the film Babe about the pig and many things at the venue are pig related including the plate which was pig shaped.  I'm not much of a bread person and tend to leave that to the side, the bread roll on this burger was fresh and soft and I don't have any complaints even though I didn't eat it all.  The burger itself was nice although there could have been more flavour which would have improved the rating.  In summary, there's nothing to fault here and I would recommend giving the burger a try - if you do go here then I suggest you try and sit in the outside seating area where they use water misters on hot days which keeps you nice and cool.

About the venue:
Babe's is an independent restaurant located at the The River shopping area in Rancho Mirage, California.  Occupying a corner plot Babe's offers both indoor and outdoor seating.  Inspired by the movie Babe there is a strong pig theme with large bronze statues that are popular with passing children.  The outdoor has water misters which spray a fine mist around the edge of the seating area helping the diners to remain cool on hot days.

No comments:

Post a Comment