Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bonefish Grill, Orlando, Florida, USA



Burger name: "American Style" Kobe Beef Burger
Price: $11.30

Menu description:
Soft brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, special sauce and sharp cheddar. Served with fresh greens or house made chips.

Rating:



Review:
I don't normally do this but I've decided to review the same burger again as this one was such a different experience.  My original review was on Saturday 4th May 2013 and wasn't a great experience.  We decided to try another restaurant as the chain was so highly recommended by a friend.  We're glad we did, it was such a different experience.

This time I ordered the burger with fries and not chips, these were provided at no extra charge and for me completed the meal.  It's difficult to write this review without making comparisons to the original so I'll get this out of the way first.  The bun for this burger was so much fresher and nicer than the first one I had, no flaking like and not dry at all.  I like brioche bread and this bun was a great example of how nice it is when it's fresh.

The burger itself was cooked medium/well and was juicy without being greasy, a nice beef taste and not overpowered by the cheese as can often happen.  As usual, I removed the tomato and lettuce and some of the onion as it is served with a whole onion slice.  I don't mind this much onion but it can make  for too slippery a surface between the burger and the bug.

I'm so glad that this burger was much nicer than the previous experience and was on par with the expectations set by a friend.

About the venue:
Bonefish Grill is a chain of restaurants across America.  The one we visited is on Central Florida Parkway in Orlando, Florida, USA close to Sea World.  They have a varied menu catering for many tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment