Saturday 4 May 2013

Bonefish Grill, Orlando, Florida, USA

Note: An updated review of this burger has been completed on 7th May 2013, please refer to that one too as it was a much better eating experience.
















Burger name: "American Style" Kobe Beef Burger
Price: $11.30

Menu description:
Soft brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, special sauce and sharp cheddar. Served with fresh greens or house made chips.

Rating:


Review:
The first burger on our current trip to the USA was at the Bonefish Grill on West Sand Lake Road in Orlando, Florida.  I opted for the standard burger without any additions and selected the house made chips.  The burger construction was good although I was surprised by the quantity of potato chips (crisps to us Brits).  I would have preferred to have received fries (chips to us Brits) but this didn't detract from the burger although they were too crispy for my liking so I left them mostly untouched.

The burger itself was great, nicely cooked and not greasy.  As usual, I removed the tomato and salad elements but kept the onion and pickle on there.  Given that I didn't each the chips I dived straight into the burger itself.  In the last few years I've refined my burger eating habits and now cut them in half, Bonefish kindly provide a steak knife which makes this job easier.  A friend had highly recommended this burger so I had high expectations however these weren't met on this occasion.  The burger bun was a little dry and flaky which for me detracts from the enjoyment, hence the 3 burger rating.  I'm sure that with a fresher bun this would have been a great burger but the one reviewed only gets a good from me.

About the venue:
Bonefish Grill is a chain of restaurants across America.  The one we visited is on West Sand Lake Road in Orlando, Florida, USA.  They have a varied menu catering for many tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment