Monday 6 May 2013

Outback, Orlando, Florida, USA

















Burger name: Bloomin’ Burger
Price: $9.99

Menu description:
Topped with Bloomin’ Onion® petals, American cheese, lettuce, tomato and spicy bloom sauce.

Rating:



Review:
This is my first review of an Outback burger although I've had a few before I starting blogging my reviews.  What attracted me to this burger was the Bloomin' Onion petals.  These are like onion rings but aren't rings, I guess you could call them onion fingers.  As usual, I removed the lettuce and tomato and ate these separately before starting on the fries saving the burger until last.  Although the burger itself looked great I could tell that the bun was going to be dry.  A few flaky bits on the lid and I noticed it was crispy and dry at the bottom when I removed the raw vegetable elements earlier.  Undeterred I delicately cut the burger in two.  At this point I should mention the knives at Outback, these have to be the biggest and meanest looking steak knives I've come across in a restaurant.  I was reminded of the Crocodile Dundee comment, "that's not a knife, this is a knife" or words to that effect.

The burger itself was very nice, cooked to order and I chose medium/well.  The Bloomin' Onion petals were a nice addition and added a tasty texture dimension - am I sounding like a food critic yet?  I would recommend this burger to anybody visiting an Outback, if you fancy the Bloomin' Onion petals but like the look of a different burger on the menu then you could always have the onion as a starter as that's on the menu separately.

About the venue:
Outback is an Australian themed restaurant chain with restaurants in a number of countries worldwide.  The Outback on Vineland Avenue in Orlando, Florida is typical of a restaurant in their chain, a number of Australian related items of decoration coupled with efficient and friendly staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment