Sunday 5 May 2013

The Cheesecake Factory, Orlando, Florida, USA

















Burger name: Monterey Cheeseburger
Price: $11.95

Menu description:
Avocado, Melted Jack Cheese, Arugula, and Red Onion with Honey-Mustard Mayo.

Rating:


Review:
This was my first burger with avocado, which I would have said I didn't like.  I'm fussy about food textures and this always looked a bit like green paste to me.  Rather than risk detracting from the enjoyment of the burger I decided to eat it first, get the worst out of the way first is my eating mantra.  I was pleasantly surprised, it wasn't like paste at all.  Not sure it would have added anything to the enjoyment of eating the burger, in fact it would have added a slippery dimension that could have resulted in the burger itself being ejected from the bun and shooting across the table to my wife's plate.  I would have got it back but I'm quite a shy person and it would have been embarrassing.  I also removed the arugula (a rocket lettuce) and the tomato and ate these separately too.  Once the fries were demolished I was ready to tackle the burger.

The burger was cooked to order, I opted for medium/well and wasn't disappointed.  My first bite was very enjoyable, in fact each bite until the last was just as good.  A very tasty burger with a good steak taste that is rare to find, I've eaten too many burgers that don't taste of much.  I deliberated with myself all the way back to our apartment whether this was going to get a 4 or a 5.  In the end I opted for a 4 (maybe I need to introduce a half-rating scoring system as this is really a 4.5.  That requires me to create a new image - maybe one day.  In summary, I'd recommend this burger to anybody visiting a Cheesecake Factory restaurant and will be tempted to have it again if we visit before the end of this trip.

About the venue:
The Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant chain in the USA with venues in many cities across the country. They are usually very busy at peak times and the portion sizes are very large. If you plan to eat more than once course make sure you are very hungry or are happy to take some of it home with you. The Cheesecake Factory at The Mall at Millenia in Orlando, Florida is typical of a restaurant in the chain, nicely decorated and comfortable with a wide range of menu options - especially cheesecakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment